Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

weird pattern shows up

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello forum.

Here the scoop:

I have this part that when saved to a draft, there is louvers that would also show up not in designed part, but in the flat part.  Another end user and I have tried many diffrent things and have come up short.  I am curious as to why this happends.  This might be a good test piece to maybe find a glitch.  Anyway the vid link is to come to show what is going on with the part. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: weird pattern shows up

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Here is vid link:

https://youtu.be/F7xJSCUJjpM

Thank you all

Re: weird pattern shows up

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure I follow your question but that part has two holes, one louver feature, and the pattern for the louvers suppressed. It looks like they were suppressed because the "normal cutout 44" and "hole 12" at the bottom of the path finder fail if they are not suppressed. But then there are 5 additional features suppressed higher up the tree.

In any case there are several problems/conflicts going on with several features.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Betreff: weird pattern shows up

Hi @Lex-luthor

the only way to solve that I found was, to delete the flat pattern and to create a new one

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @Lex-luthor

OK, just found a better way to do it.

You have set the options for the Flat Pattern in that way, that for formed features the Loops are shown as features.

Just change that to feature or feature Origin and everything will be OK from now on.

You even can change back this to Feature Loops but now the Flat Pattern has been updated and will be shown correctly!

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @Lex-luthor

and here is a pciture what I have explained before:

20180829_0954.png20180829_0956.png

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@hawcad, danke!

It worked.  I'm gonna put this in my notebook of possibilities.  One of my other co-workers also said that I should click the last button reading use folded model and re-click the previous button to activate the "apply" method to make it correct itself.  Apparently they have had this problem once in a great while.

Have a great day!