when i draw a line and i move it on solid edge ST9 is like if video is not refresh

Experimenter
Experimenter

error.png

i have installed SE ST9 on a fresh windows 8.1 installation, i use an i7 with 16gb of ram and an ati hd3470 graphic card

6 REPLIES

Re: when i draw a line and i move it on solid edge ST9 is like if video is not refresh

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi~

In each environment, click the option button
Adjust it in View -> Application Display.

33.png

After adjustment, you must turn off the edge and run it again.

Betreff: when i draw a line and i move it on solid edge ST9 is like if video is not refresh

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I also suppose the graphics card or the driver to be the reason for that behaviour.

But - I know You cann't change this - for over 15 years now I have given me a commitment:

"Never ever I will use an ATI card in any of our computers!"

I had immens troubles with several applications, not only SE but also others which are using OpenGL

May be this has changed in the meantime, but believe, I will not be the next tester to find out it!

Coming back to Your problem, change the option for graphic card usage to not fully use hardware or even less.

I think this will solve the issue.

You also can try to turn off the glowing (see picture)

This was an issue very often in the last cople of years with different cards here

20161124_0911.PNG

Hope this helps

regards
Wolfgang

Re: when i draw a line and i move it on solid edge ST9 is like if video is not refresh

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you very much! now SE function good!

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

... welcome

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter

It may be not too late for some users with this issue, this is a problem related to an outdated or malfunction OPEN GL, for some reason old ATI video cards haven´t had too much attention from AMD lately.

I had the exact same issue on a DELL PRECISION M4600 (VC: ATI FIREPRO M5950) running SolidEdge ST9 and I have just solved it a couple of hours ago.

The solution apparently relies on updating the AMD CATALYST CENTER to the lastest BETA DRIVER, I used this one, it runs smooth now: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx.

Funny thing, though, now in the device manager it displays an ATI HD6700M Series as the video card driver (actually it is an ATI FIREPRO M5950)

Regards,

Pablo Rosario

Mechanical Engineer

Experimenter
Experimenter
PDT.: Running on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.