Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is Solid Edge Learning tools in ST6?

N/A

Hello,

I'm creating a body and I would like to know how big it would really be in reality(after building it). In other words I would like to zoom in or out view of that body so (for example)the 100mm dimension of that means it is 100 mm.

Where can i find such a command?

Manual resizing is not an efficient method.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES

Re: how to show a body in real size (scale 1:1)?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Pawel,
there is no command for that. You can of course print a drawing with 1:1 scale, but for the part preview you may have to write a macro.
Even that may not be trivial, as you have to consider the current size of your monitor, its DPI, the size of the 3D window and then apply a specific zoom based on these parameters.

N/A
Distrim2,
I think there should be command like that in the next SE. It is second time I really need it. And that would be useful for designers making a new thing when they have no dimension reference to the real world. My colleague had also such a problem- he was wasting his time gluing printed drawings from SE to get a concept of how really big the thing is.
It would also be useful that the perspective view would work more real. Sometimes it looks very strange(artificial)
By macro you mean a code made in Visual Basic or C++? I know some VB but I really dont how to model that problem as a code. I'm not a programmer.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Yes, I was speaking about some code in VB, C# or C++, but I believe to have something which will work for all, it is NOT possible.
What, if you use a projector as your output device? There is no information about displayed and "real" size.
Or if you are using multiple monitors with different sizes and show your SE window partially on each monitor...
You could try to do something which may work for your output device or standard single monitor environments, but anything more complicated will become difficult.
BTW: If you are using the Student version, I don't know if it supports automation. I remember something that it has the API deactivated.

N/A
If such command existed and you wanted that body shown on a wall (projector as output device) you would simply key in the size of that projected picture(by putting a ruler against the wall). Then the SE would rescale the body. Sth like this. There are some problems with it but I think it can work. Have you never had such a need when designing?
Thank you for your response!