why can't I move this part in x direction in assembly drawing ?

Pioneer
Pioneer

(view in My Videos)
I am trying to move this part in x direction but it doesn't move, there is a green line under it . but the part is not grounded or locked

11 REPLIES

Re: why can't I move this part in x direction in assembly drawing ?

Genius
Genius

Hi @Aeroeng

I presume it is wrongly mated.

,but to be honest, we do not know your intention what you want to achieve moving this part ....

regards,

Arek

Production: SE ST9 MP11
;

Betreff: why can't I move this part in x direction in assembly drawing ?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Aeroeng

from the one picture it gets hard to say why aand what.

As far as I can se, there is only one really fix part the "fuselage.par" which was obviously the first part in that assembly.

From there on all parts don't have a full constraint condition.

So without knowing which part You have selected at the moment, which connections or relations this part will have and will not have, there is no way to give the right answer.

Execpt, as long as there are moveable parts there on which You put a new part, all of them will be able to be moved.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: why can't I move this part in x direction in assembly drawing ?

Pioneer
Pioneer
I would like to move the door down so it can fit to the place I made for the door. I can't use any of the mating options because I can't choose any edge on the door.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Aeroeng

now I have seen Your video (was it there before too?)

But what even now isn't visible is, what part You select and which relations it has.

This would be important!

regards
Wolfgang

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Aeroeng

just watched the vieo a second time and OK, now I've seen it is the DOOR.par You are talking about.

But this part seems do hasn't any relation so far.

Maybe the issue will be, that You only select a movement in one direction.

Take the global movement (right icon) and I suppose YOu will be able to move the door in any direction and any position.

And I'm absoluteley confident, that You will be able to define 3 relations and conditins to bring the door into the right position.

Worst way would be to use construction geometry or planes or coordinate system of both parts.

If the cylinder will be the saem for door and plane the You can use a sketch geometry for position it.

or - even easier and IMHO better - if the outer surface should be the same, then define a complete model of the outer surface from which You can split it into door and the rest

So the always stay associative and equal

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer
I chose the door and click on drag component and click to the x axis . is it what you are asking ?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Aeroeng

Yes, if You click the linear movement in smart ribbon bar, then only a linear translation will be possible.

Take the 3rd one (general movement) and I suppose, a movement in all directions will be possible.

If I interprete Your video correctly, then no relations are defined for this part so far

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer

I couldn't define any relation as I wanted so I used drag component command for all assemblies. I used move component now to move the door down. when I use mate command I can mate one edge but then I can't mate the other edge.  it would be nice to use one mated edge as a hinge and move the door along it's axis.

Pioneer
Pioneer
i still don't understand why I have that green line preventing the rotation or movement along that axis