why is there no special pathfinder icon for a failed relationship?!?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello!

Here is annoying thing where I would like to know if there are any like-minded people:

Failed relationships are not displayed in the assembly edge bar pathfinder with a special icon in front of the corresponding component. Contrary to this a conflicting relationship has its special icon, a red flash, to show the user that there is something to correct in his assembly. But if he has a failed relationship he didnt take any notice of that.

Why is there no special icon for a failed relationship?!?

Of cause there is the error assistent I can check. But I have to do it manually...

I would like to see a failed relationship equally to a conflicting relationship in the pathfinder. Anybody agree on this?

regards,

Carsten Oestmann

20 REPLIES

Re: why is there no special pathfinder icon for a failed relationship?!?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes, of cause I know the error assistent. And it is a good idea to place the command icon in the quick access tool bar. But it is just a workaround. 

There are so many info icons for the components which are unusual - but a failed relationship is something that concerns every user...

Phenom
Phenom

Hello,

I am using the SEAssemblyRelationshipBrowser. It could be helpful if this Icon will be shown in Red if there are some relationship conflicts in the assembly...

relationship.jpg

Regards,

Yasser

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It would be nice if you could display all relationships in the pathfinder. I hate to say it, but like SolidWorks can.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

maybe i'm missing something but, currently if there's a problem with a part relationship, the part box has a out line or what ever. just click on the part to see what wrong. would a bright coulor or somethin be nice, of course.

yeah there should be a list or something where all the mates are displayed in a single list in the pathfinder

Owner: Scott Lester Drafting & Design
Designer: Rotork Instuments

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The icon with the outline box shows that the part is not fully positioned (grabed from the solid edge help). But in case of a failed relationship i would expect that the pathfinder show another icon....

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

"It would be nice if you could display all relationships in the pathfinder. I hate to say it, but like SolidWorks can."

I used SW a few years ago, and that was one thing I hated. It was the same in Inventor.

(Things may have changed now in SW to improve it). .

It might be ok in a small assembly, but in a large one a list of a few hundred relationships in no particular order is next to useless (IMO).

The icons in pathfinder show what is not fully positioned and a simple click on the part shows its relationships. The error assistant shows pretty much what is wrong (and you can order by any column), and the relationship browser lets you delete all failed relationships if you want to.

There is also  AsmRelDoctor.exe in C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Custom\AsmRelDoctor\bin.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Not sure why you hated it because you didn't have to use it. And I'm not saying it's a panacea but I would like the ability to see all failed relationships rather than having to scroll through parts with lightning bolts. I do appreciate the programs available in \custom but I don't necessarily want to just delete all failed relationships, I want to be able to fix the one or two that usually cause a lot of fails.

I will pledge to use the custom tools more often though when necessary. Smiley Happy

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

dont forget that "errors"  on the assistants group in the tools tab will also show you failed relationships.