Changing Gradient background colors in assembly

by Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter on ‎03-07-2013 11:38 AM (11,220 Views)

Question

How can I change my Gradient background colors in assembly?

Answer

Go to View -> Styles -> 3D View Styles -> Default -> Modify -> Background -> select 2 new colors -> Apply -> OK.

Comments
by Phenom
on ‎03-25-2014 03:09 PM

Gradient backgrounds for eg. "Top-Sky Blue (152 220 255) => Bottom-White (255 255 255)" are 'biologically' correct since they resemble the horizon.

It seems to calm down the brain somehow.

In SE ST 6, pick View > Style > View Overrides > Background

by Esteemed Contributor
on ‎04-13-2014 04:35 PM

Further: ...if you want your [whatever it is] new color sceme to be like this on all NEW files [not just assembly]....remember to make this change to the system template file, close & save changes.

by Esteemed Contributor
on ‎04-14-2014 03:34 PM

Too bad this can't be applied as a global setting so that all opened files can get the gradient background...

by Phenom
on ‎07-03-2014 02:41 PM

I could not agree more Grundey. Settings like background should capable of being set up on each workstation and avoid the need to edit each file. Then each user can have what they like to look at.

by Enthusiast
on ‎10-22-2015 02:28 AM

Grundey, you can change the background for all new files as mentioned by Sean Creswell above.

1. Start Solid Edge and click to open an existing file.
  2. Navigate to the location of your default templates. I use GB Metric and my template files were located here: C:\Program Files\Silent Solid EdgeST8\Template\GB Metric
  3. Open the default template for the file type you want to change, e.g. PAR.
  4. Change the background colours then save the file.  
  5. Repeat for any other template types you want to change.

If you now create a new file that uses one of the modified templates you will have the new background colours.

by Pioneer
on ‎08-04-2016 09:13 AM

It has never made sense to me that background color is a part file setting rather than a program setting. It's a user preference like anything else (typically) and should be independent of the individual files. I imagine this would also lighten the file size slightly.

I can't tell you how tired I am of opening grey steel parts on a grey background (I don't know who in "megacorp x" is responsible for the templates, but they need a paddlin').

Why does no CAD program do this?

Contributors