How to Get a Home Use License for Solid Edge

Experimenter
Experimenter

Step 1: Go to support.ugs.com

Step 2: Under License Management choose Licenses.

Step 3: Log in with your webkey.

Step 4:

You will now be on the licensing page. Click on Passwords and License Files.

Step 5: Under the version drop down menu: select "version" at home license. For Example 104.0 at home license.

Step 6: You are now on the Home Use activation page. It will show you how many you have available.

Step 7: Select the license you want to use. I'm going to use a Solid Edge Classic license. Click the check box.

Step 8: The next screen you will fill out your info for where the home license will be used. Make sure you give a valid email address, your home license will be sent to that email account. If you are on your home machine click "Get ID". If not: 

If running ST3 or earlier versions you will also need the volume ID. To get your VolumeID see the Vol ID section below: How to get Vol-ID If you are running ST4 you will need your Composite ID. To get your CID see the CID section below: How to get CID

Step 9: Right-click the SElicense.dat file attachment and save the file to your desktop on your home computer. 

Step 10: Take that SElicense.dat and paste it in the C:\Program_Files\Solid_EdgeST\Program directory of your home computer.

If you need the step-by-step process with imagesclick here
Comments
PLM World Member Experimenter PLM World Member Experimenter
PLM World Member Experimenter

I'm currently running ST5, and in step 5, at home version does not show up in the drop down list.

To install home licenses I've had to call support and have a license emailed.  This is quite a nuisance.

Lovannah Sirois

Huberis Technonlogies Inc

Contributors