Graphic problem SolidEdge ST8- stumbling graphic due dimensioning and part rotation same time.

[ Edited ]

Hello All

I can't find similar problem as my in forum, that I'm asking help.

The problem is when I'm taking dimension in Assembly or Part module and not putting down only "holding in the air" and trying to rotate part (by 3Dconnexion) the graphic on the screen is stacking/chockeing/jumping

In one word: not moving smooth.

I tried a lot of combination of general options in SolidEdge and graphic card setup without any improvement.

I's it possible that hardware properties is not enough?  - or some of drivers not work properly?

I will grateful for any suggestion in adwanced.

Now the work with SE is inconvenience and annoing at least.

(video in attached)

(view in My Videos)

My Software:

Win 8.1Pro

SE ST8 - 108.00.00.091

Hardware

Philips PHL 246V5

Quadro K620 2GB RAM (376.84 driver)

res 1920x1080

i7-6700K

32 GB RAM

SSD Samsung EVO 850

Thank you in advanced for any help.

Jazzi

5 REPLIES

Re: Graphic problem SolidEdge ST8- stumbling graphic due dimensioning and part rotation same time.

Hi Jazzi,

My first suggestion is update your SE, we also use ST8 with MP12 (108.00.12.005 x64) and my personal experience is Siemens solve some huge problem in the software after release SE, (graphics performance, link update and ect.)
Second find in the forum 'graphics performance settings in solid edge'.
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/ST7-Incorrect-display-of-sketch-han...

Tibor

Re: Graphic problem SolidEdge ST8- stumbling graphic due dimensioning and part rotation same time.

Hi there @Jazzi,

Agree with Tibor's [@Entra-Sys_1994] advise.....your build of SE is the base release, and updating to the latest update "MP12" for ST8 would definitely be a first step towards eliminating core system issues that may have been addressed, in regards to the display lag you're seeing.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP4] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hello guys!
I'm after SE ST8 MP12 instalation, and 3DConnexion newest driver also.
I have feeling, that views are more smoothly and moving more quickly in general, but
problem didn't disapear.
Stil the same Smiley Sad
I'm wondering that perhaps 3D cad mouse and SE don't want to co-working.

It's pitty and Sie-ns should feel deep shame that in the XXI age, age of bilion cores processors, frequencys 4 000 000 000 time per minute and tera flops graphic frame in sec. hundreds Watts

======== 3 tiny thin line don't want to move ======

People! I need MORE POWER.

I need hardware from NASA SPACE MODELING to move this 3 lines smoothly.

Best regards
Frustrated cad designer

Highlighted

Not sure why you are trying to position a dimension AND rotate the view at the same time...

You are creating a "feedback" loop where the graphics are trying to update the display of the static model but the dimension dynamics keep throwing the view out of date.  If you don't move the mouse, then the view will rotate smoothly while displying the dimension so my suggestion is to rotate/pan/zoom to where you need to be and then position the dimension.  No amount of "horsepower" will fix this.  It would need to be addressed at the application level.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP4
Testing: ST10

Hello and thank you for response.

Yes, I noticed that, but... 3D CAD mouse is designed for double hand work, isn't it?

In my opinion this is not full solution but is posible LH than RH freeze than click than RH than LH etc.

Something like combination of buttons in Tomb Rider Smiley Happy

Please don't be mad at me. I'm loughing.

The result - SE ST is not realy synchronous only sequential modeling Smiley Happy LH -RH-RH-LH

P.S.

Even when Graphic card, processor, ram is  about 28 % engaged - (average, never more than 50%)

The view is also burkling during normal rotation - assy of about 50 parts.

I tried lot of combination of nVidia panel - no results