Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemblies will not load

Genius
Genius

No mater what I do I cannot get an assembly to load/view in the portal.  Parts work fine but every assembly I try fails.  I've created simple test assemblies but they fail too.

Any ideas?

Thanks

14 REPLIES

Re: Assemblies will not load

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

@RLR

Hello,

Can you share one of the projects with the failing files with me (keith.cain@siemens.com)?

Can you provide the following:

OS and Build # - 

Browser and Build # - 

Thanks,

Keith

Project Test Eng Adv

Mainstream Eng

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

* Opinions expressed are my own.

Genius
Genius

Hi Keith

I just created a very simple assembly with only two parts, a cube and a sphere, all with default names.  I saved all to the desktop and then try and upload to the portal -  it will not load.  

However, if I Pack n Go the assembly to a zip file it works.  I assume this is not how things should work.

One immediate issue is synchronous parts show all PMI dimesions!!  Ordered features do not show PMI.

I'll send other info direct to your email.

Thanks

Roger

Genius
Genius

@KeithCain I tried to send details to your email but it bounced back so here they are:

Windows 10   16299.125
Chrome   Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Siemens Genius

@RLR

Hello Roger,

I've tried to reproduce the issue you are seeing but I have not been able to as of yet.  I created an assembly with two simple parts as you described, saved to the desktop and uploaded the files to the Solid Edge Portal.  All three files uploaded and were viewable.  

Thank you for testing the Pack n Go, that was my next question.  It is very odd that the files fail when uploaded separately but have no issues when zipped.  I know these are simple files but if you can share the project with me (keith.cain@siemens.com with View and Download privledges),  I can download the files and try to see what may be going on.

For the 'all PMI dimensions', I can pass this along.  Are you requesting that PMI not be displayed by default?  Would the option to Hide All PMI accomplish what you would like to do?  This may be good as a separate thread so that others can provide input to this as well.

Thanks,

Keith

Project Test Eng Adv

Mainstream Eng

Siemens Industry Sector

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@RLR  Assemblies cannot be visualized as ASM files.  You must upload a ZIP file of the complete assembly to be able to visualize it in Portal.  That is the way it works.

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Siemens Genius

@KennyG

@RLR

Hello,

Yes, at one point in time this was true, zip files were required to view assemblies.  This is no longer the case but all components must be uploaded when the assembly file is uploaded or before the assembly file is uploaded.

Thanks,

Keith

Project Test Eng Adv

Mainstream Eng

Siemens Industry Sector

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@KeithCain, when did that requirement change?

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Siemens Genius

@KennyG 

Hi Ken,

I don't have the exact date the push was made to public (I can dig it up) but it looks like it was pushed in December, around the holidays.  This would have been during private beta.  This along with several other features have been pushed between the start of private beta and start of public beta.

Thanks,

Keith

Project Test Eng Adv

Mainstream Eng

Siemens Industry Sector

Genius
Genius

@KennyG @KeithCain  I'd assumed (wrongly) that the management of assemblies was automated but it looks Pack and Go zip files are the only viable way to upload assemblies.  I wish that was made clear on the upload page.

Now I understand I'll test some assemblies and post any issues on a separate thread.

thanks for advice