Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug View Cube: clipping planes

Phenom
Phenom

Using Chrome Browser on Surface Book w/performance base.

Viewing monolithic JT assembly. I read in the pinned message that the view cube was inactivated. I have access to the view cube using Chrome Browser.

Any attempt to adjust your viewpoint applies clipping bounds that cannot be removed or reset. I have only found that closing and opening the project corrects.

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES

Re: Bug View Cube: clipping planes

Genius
Genius

@RyanM I think I'm seeing the same thing here.  I was testing a JT workflow as a workaround suggested by Keith Cain but as soon as I use either view tools the image is corrupted. See attached.

test1.pngView after loadingtest2.pngView after using orientation button

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

@RyanM

@RLR

Hello,

I have not been able to reproduce the issue shown in the images.  I've tried on my desktop and Surface Book.  If possible I would like to get some additional information to see if I can reproduce this.

Is the workflow as simple as opening the file in viewer and applying a view from cube or commands at bottom of viewer?

Do you see this on all files or specific files?  Could you share the project long enough for me to test (keith.cain@siemens.com)?

Can you provide me with the following:

Win10 version 

Chrome version

NVidia or AMD driver version

All of this information helps in tracking down or eliminating possible causes.

Thanks,

Keith

Project Test Eng Adv

Mainstream Eng

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.

* Opinions expressed are my own.

Siemens Genius

Hello,

Thank you for the information provided.  I was able to reproduce the problem and have filed bug 101194.

Thanks,

Keith

Project Test Eng Adv

Mainstream Eng

Siemens Industry Sector

Genius
Genius

Hi @KeithCain

I am about to start a product developement project with a new client (ironically a SW house) and was hoping to use the portal to share concept models.  The product will not use the frame tool so no problem there but after testing today I notice the view cube still corrupts the model.  Its been 5 weeks since this was reported - is there a time frame a fix/product release?

Many thanks

Roger

Siemens Genius

@RLR

Hello Roger,

I have asked developement for an estimated date on this issue.  I will post an update once I get a reply.

Thanks,

Keith

Project Test Eng Adv

Mainstream Eng

Siemens Industry Sector

Genius
Genius

@KeithCain

Thanks Keith

Siemens Genius

@RLR

Hello Roger,

I have been told that there are some fixes coming soon related to the viewer and view cube.  These have not yet been pushed for testing.  I was told that the final fixes are required within the viewer itself and don't yet have a timeline for this to be completed.  I will post an update once I get to test the coming fixes or get any additional information.

Thanks,

Keith

Project Test Eng Adv

Mainstream Eng

Siemens Industry Sector

Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc