Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement : Measurements ?

Genius
Genius

First of all congratulations with the release Of this portal for Solid Edge.

And thank you Solid Edge team to make this possible for Solid Edge users to share native solid edge files in a browser like environment.

I'm aware it's a begin and I hope it will be the only place in the future for viewing/sharing/collaborate CAD and other common data.

So hopefully other viewers from SE will be (or become) obsolete in the future.

And to make a start I have a first question.

How can I measure something ? I think it is not possible right now correct ? Why ? This so common used...

Really, what's client asking when you are in a meeting....Hey can you give me the length of that part...sorry I can't do this because I work with Solid Edge...I think you already know what the client is thinking. Don't you ?

So please !!!! make it available else it will be useless.

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge ST6 user !!!!
6 REPLIES

Re: Enhancement : Measurements ?

Siemens Pioneer Siemens Pioneer
Siemens Pioneer

Stay tuned Dirk. You should see some measurement capabilities coming soon! Thanks for the feedback. 

Jeff

Genius
Genius

Oh great ! so you did have some spare amunition Smiley Wink

Like I said give it some basic tools but usefull for making an apointment with a client a succes.

And remember this... the guy who is doing the presentation with the Solid Edge portal is already a client and you don't need to convince him/her to buy Solid Edge because they know how capable Solid Edge is. But the client on the other side of the table is mostly a decision maker or at least does have some influence where his company will buy what and where.

So be generous but don't give it away all at once. And don't give up by simply make this SE portal available.

Give it more then just a place to shine. Tell the world what you have and use the short way this time

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge ST6 user !!!!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@JWalker wrote:

Stay tuned Dirk. You should see some measurement capabilities coming soon! Thanks for the feedback. 

Jeff

@JWalker, has there been any measurement capabilites added? Right now it's very weak.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Siemens Pioneer Siemens Pioneer
Siemens Pioneer

Yes, measurement capabilities have been added. You can now measure edge length and point to point. Check it out and give us your feedback.

I encourage you to revisit the portal from time to time to see what other enhancements have been added. For example, in addition to measure, we now support image viewing. 

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

First off I noticed that point to point measurements are only approximations. It just picks where you place the cursor. It doesn't snap to keypoints. So you just get sort of random approximations. To me, the measurement capabilities are extremely poor. Nothing like 3D pdfs. It reminds me of the almost as poor view and markup capabilities.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for your response !!

We will consider this request. and update you know we enhance measure functionalities.

Regards,

Sukrut Gadre

Solid Edge Planning.