Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge draft files

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Can the solid edge draft files be loaded into solid edge portal without it being converted into some downgraded text like version?

If I have a hyperlink added to my draft I would like the ability to be able to access it just like in Solid Edge.

For me I can see using the portal to store company specific documents (weld procedures, quality document, etc.) in one project folder. I want to place a hyperlink on the draft that will direct the user reviewing the draft through Solid Edge portal to the document pertaining to that job.

This gets me closer to a paperless environment.

4 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge draft files

Siemens Pioneer Siemens Pioneer
Siemens Pioneer

This is a good suggestion. I am curious how you do this today?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We use Fusion 360 for CAM for machining and it gave us some space on A360.

I would like to keep this all Solid Edge based.

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend

Hello @mezcofab,

your Idea is real great. It makes all a bit simpler. It is great for documentation, description, sales and much more.

Now the big "but" as long as "Siemens" has all rights behind yours and we all place everything on not controlled servers from our side it is like Google or Facebook work.

Here it is necessary to catch the software from Siemens on own controlled servers (net) than it can be very great.

This is for our company and me a big point because of similarity of products to other.

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

The issue I see with this is the organization of those documents. So, far you can't have folders. So you are looking at creating projects for document organizations.