Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open files directly from cloud based fileservers

Genius
Genius

I believe it's not possible to upload cloudbased files on the solid edge portal

It would be great if I could upload files from a cloud service like Onedrive-googledrive-Mega-Box etc.

I use mostly Mega because its fast and does have a the largest space to use for free.(Mostly not needed but for CAD related files very handy. And the client does not need to buy a subscription or need to have subscription or login to Mega.

If this would be available in future releases of the solidedgeportal than I could really collaborate with clients.

They could upload their 3Dfiles on the portal with corrections etc. And I could share the progress of the project etc.

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge ST6 user !!!!
2 REPLIES

Re: open files directly from cloud based fileservers

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hello Dirk,

Thanks for your input.

We are thinking about providing such kind of functionality for Solid Edge Portal users. In the initial phase, we may not support communication with Mega-Box cloud service.

We will decide our roadmap depending on the Portal user requests.

Regards,

Sukrut Gadre

Solid Edge Planning

Re: open files directly from cloud based fileservers

Genius
Genius

Thank you Sukrut !

And don't worry about the Mega or Box communication for now if future releases could have it it would be great.

But I suppose google drive and microsoft onedrive are more used then Mega or Box.

Anyway it would make the Solid Edge Portal a more collabrative piece of softw then before.

Dirk Rutten

Solid Edge ST6 user !!!!