Boolean operation failed. why?

N/A
That thing has been blowing my mind for two weeks.I would like to subtract one body from another. One is pipe with curved section and second is blue surf thickening. That blue surf is made out of two curved sections and two tangent curves. The program successfully created, blue surf, than thickening to blue surf, But when accept subtraction it fails-"boolean operation failed". I attach images of that.There are two mentioned bodies. You can notice that in pathfinder subtraction failed.

However, when applying one tangent curve to blue surf instead of two, there is no subtraction failure. Maybe previous entered goemetry is two complicated to compute? But my geometry has typical aerodynamical design and program should be able to handle with that.
3 REPLIES

Re: Boolean operation failed. why?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Can't say for sure, but if edges just touch such that a non-manifold solid is the result, it will fail.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019

N/A
But program doesnt pop up with "non-manifold topology.zero thickness body" window .It Only returns "boolean operation failed".Maybe "boolean operation failed" includes "non-manifold topology". I dont know. Can too complicated geometry be the reason of this error?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Hard to say. If you post your model here (if not proprietary), possibly someone will be able to provide an answer...

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019