Camera Thinks Model is Super Tiny (Solid Edge 9 Academic Version)

Experimenter
Experimenter

After finishing this semester I finally have some time to work in Solid Edge 9 without working on a school project or assignment. I started working on a model for a mod (see this thread for reference) and everything was going well until suddenly the camera broke. I'm not sure what I did; it just sort of happened when I was simply working like normal and I have no idea what caused it. 

By broke, I mean the camera seems to think that my model is very tiny, like super, super tiny. It's making it nearly impossible to work on it anymore because everytime I just slightly move the camera, the whole thing just flies out of view. Switching to the 'default' view gives this (I added  the dimension to show you that the model, which is in inches, is actually pretty big):

Screenshot 2017-12-10 12.20.18.png

This is what it's supposed to look like (I have to zoom in really far to get this): Screenshot 2017-12-10 12.20.02.png

Working with the camera is now nearly impossible. If I want to rotate I have to ensure I am selecting the model on some point on it, whereas I'm used to just being able to rotate like normal. I also have to deal with constantly losing the entire model and having to return to fit or some saved view, and this is very frustrating when you're trying to do small details. 

Any idea how to fix this?

EDIT: I forgot to include the file. I've attached it now.

4 REPLIES

Re: Camera Thinks Model is Super Tiny (Solid Edge 9 Academic Version)

Genius
Genius

Hi @Deoxys_0 the problem may be that you added an element in some sketch as some line, arc, dimension etc. that has a value too big, I advise you to review in detail the sketches, I could not open your file since it is in an academic version.

Thanks.

(view in My Videos)

Regards.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Deoxys_0,

Sorry I can nolonger open academic files, as yours is.....I have been so busy, I've yet to get an Academic licence for working with ST10 on my new workstation.

2017-12-11 (2).png

I would hazzard a guess though, that there is some geometry aftifact, or graphical content [dimension element] that is off the model a fair way, and the fit view is responding to that.

To test my theory....could you try right clicking on the model [only], and selecting "Show Only" from the context menu.....this should hide all planes/surfaces/sketches/dimensions. Hopefully your model will now rotate about the screen as normal.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Spot on @Kanwulf.......that is the the most likely issue.

Also, it appears Siemens &/or Lithium have updated the video player.......NICE!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

Note that the solution before yours also worked, but it only lets me accept one response as a solution. But yes, that was the problem; something on a sketch was really far out and I think I have it fixed now. Thank you to everyone who responded. Smiley Tongue