Can't download ST7 (404 error)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I just registered to get access to the student edition of SolidEdge, but can't donwload it. Whenever I click on the link from the mail and reach the download page (the one where you select your language), I get a 404 error instead of a download starting...

I tried to grab the ST6 version instead. The download start properly but fail and result in a corrupted file. From what I've read on the forum, it's a known issue about download and I just have to try again until it work... But even so, I'd rather have access to ST7.

Can anyone confirm the 404 error ? And if this is a known/temporary issue ?
http://dl2.plm.automation.siemens.com/solidedge/Solid_Edge_ENGLISH_ST7.exe

That's the page I get instead of having the download starting properly. (Same problem with every languages...)

(Side note : Yes, I already tried to download from various PC and with various browsers)

I hope someone here can help.

Cheers,

Cedric

6 REPLIES

Re: Can't download ST7 (404 error)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks, the link and the download worked.

But now it seems that I need an academic license code for ST8 instead of ST7... or am I doing something wrong ? (OK button in the SE License utility is greyed out...)

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

If you go through the sign-up process again, and just don't do the download part, you'll get the email sent to you, with the latest instructions & code.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello,

Thanks for the hint, but I keep getting the same instruction and code related to SP7 (both when I ask for an upgrade or a new version).

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have the same problem, only it allows me to access the link Chinese; I can not access the download in Spanish or English.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There was a problem with the Solid Edge ST7 academic download site late last week.

It was resolved early Monday morning.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

FYI - Solid Edge ST8 academic software will be posted later this month once all of the languages are available and the web team has time to update the site.

Laura