Do Parts Delete Going to Assembly w/ Video

N/A
A few questions! When adding parts to assembly... do the parts delete from parts drawing? I made each part independently an all of the parts go to Design Body 1, I've tried to set each movement in the Pathfinder. to send to Feature Library, test comes when dragging to window all parts come active. Do the parts go active while sending to assembly. Thirdly, I tried the assy and couldn't return to parts.

http://screencast.com/t/RdVLZ4TE

Thanks
Crousie
3 REPLIES

Re: Do Parts Delete Going to Assembly w/ Video

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Not sure what you are trying to do but I believe it may be an issue with the workflow you are using. What I saw from the video is this:
You have 4 bodies of the exact same geomtry in your Part (PAR) file. Not sure why you are doing this, but multi-body modeling is not a replacement for an Assembly (ASM) file. You are also copying the bodies from the Feature Library, thus creating more bodies...
The workflow I think you should be using is:
Create a single body of the cylindrical object in a Part (PAR) file. Save and Close the file.
Create an Assembly (ASM) file and use the Parts Library pane and drag in the Part file previously created.
Drag in as many copies of the Part as needed and assemble them using the appropriate constraints.
Create each unique part in it's own Part file and follow the process above for each. You may have many Part files that you will end up placing in a single Assembly file depending on your design. You may also have several Assembly files placed in the top level Assembly with many Parts in each, again, depending on your design. For examples, look in "c:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST5\Training" for examples of these structures...

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019

N/A
Majority of the parts are the same but, are re-positioned to fit the build. These last parts I built... I built each part and saved each part. All parts are in the Feature Library

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
The Feature Library is what is used in the Part environment to store/resuse features on other Parts. You want to create an Assembly (ASM) file and then use the Parts Library pane to drag in your individual parts and position them. Do not use a Part (PAR) file for this...

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019