Documented item missing in student edition

N/A
Hi Everyone,
I have just started learning solid edge ST5 and I follow the tutorials. It is a little bit frustrating to find that the product documented is different from the product I get.
For example:

These lines show how tourn the command bar on
On any of the visible docking windows, such as PathFinder or PromptBar, click the Docking Window Display Menu button (B).
On the Display menu, select the appropriate check box.
The title of this check box varies with the command currently running. The default title displayed in command bar is Select.

But there is no item named select there. Our university has ST4. I have tried it before, but I can't turn the grid on. I have tried searching in the command finder.

According to Siemens, the software is exactly the same as the paid product. Does any one know what causes these problems?

Thank you very much!
Eric
2 REPLIES

Re: Documented item missing in student edition

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Command Bar as a Docking Window is optional and must be turned ON before it will show up under the Docking Window Display Menu.
It can be turned on in the Helpers section of the Solid Edge Options found at the bottom of the menu under the Application button in the upper left. When in the Helpers section, you need to go to the Command User Interface section and click the option button next to "Use vertical docking window form" (OK out of form).
Now that it is turned ON, you can continue with your tutorial instructions.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019

Re: Documented item missing in student edition

N/A
Thank you! It works!