Download Errors

N/A
Hello,

I have recently tried to download a verison of Solid Edge Student Edition, however, the link provided to download the package did not work within the 24 hours of it's validity. I have subsequently tried to apply for another link but have recieved nothing in return.

What steps should I take towards getting the download?

Thanks in advance,

James
7 REPLIES

Re: Download Errors

N/A
Unfortunately I had the same problem and am looking for answers as to how to proceed going forward.
Please assist.

N/A
i also have the same problem.......

N/A
Has anyone managed to get a new link to download yet?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Just sign up again to get another link...

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019

N/A
The link provided in the email I recieved (http://dl.plm.automation.siemens.com/SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit.exe) didn't request HTTP Auth so I thought it was something weird on the server's end and I spent some time figuring it out by changing request headers with wget and other things. The real problem (as I believe) is that it's simply the wrong link. Here's the one that works for me without any explicit authentication: http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/app/dl/SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit.exe
Notice the slight difference in sub-domain and path. Looks like the mail template is different but the link itself remained unchanged.
Either that or it's some other freely available (but wrong?) version of the executable.
EDIT: Second one works fine.

N/A
Great, thanks so much

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor
With respect to missing or incorrect download links: during the switchover to ST5 there was a fault in how the software download link was generated based on the User's registration details, this problem also coincided with changing the sever on which the download files are hosted. These problems have now been resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.