Drawing templates

N/A
I want create our own drawing template, I have tried making some adjustments to the background sheet and then saving, but i'm struggling to fit new text boxes in and then I would like to be able to save this on the home page for ease of access and to enable selection from the application buton.
Can anyone guide me?

Cheers
4 REPLIES

Re: Drawing templates

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Copy all the default templates and place in another folder. Modify them as you see fit. In Solid Edge Options in the File Locations page, change the 'User Templates" setting to reflect the location of your modified templates.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019

N/A
Sounds good, but how do i do that, i don't seem to be able to copy and what program do I use to modify? probably very simple but only if you know how.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Hi there,
Use windows explorer to navigate to the Solid Edge templates, from within the installation directory....copy the draft template by just Ctrl+drag/drop to make a copy in the same folder, then re-name that "copy" as desired, making sure that the file extension is left intact.

To edit the template...double click on it, to open it in Solid Edge draft, set your background sheet to be displayed , edit this as desired.

Next time you open a new document, it should be listed in the templates to use.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
See? First class support from Sean :cool: