Engine Error: This application is not properly installed. You may need to reinstall it.

N/A
Hi!
I have tried countless times to install Solid Edge and have failed every time on my computer.
I've talked to support and they couldn't help me either.. Yesterday I tried to install it on my sisters computer and it WORKED! Though her computer is a cheap one, it's does not have the power to run Solid Edge without constant lagging.
Does anyone know how to fix this? I have downloaded the student version on Siemens website, and I have the license file, I can't for the life of me figure this out!
Since school is almost done and we've gotten so much work near the end, I need it on my home computer, otherwise I will not be able to complete our work..
2 REPLIES

Re: Engine Error: This application is not properly installed. You may need to reinstall it.

SeanCresswell 2nd Gear
2nd Gear
Hi Mattias,
Can you provide some details about your PC & what version of Windows you have? Did you use the same downloaded ".EXE" file for sisters install?
You might try to right mouse button click on the ".EXE" file, and select "Run as Administrator". Something else to try,.....disconnect from internet &/or network, then temporarily disable your anti-virus program.

There is also a new public forum, and a section for "Student Edition" here... http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Student-Edition-Forum/bd-p/Solid-Edge-Student-Edition...
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Re: Engine Error: This application is not properly installed. You may need to reinstall it.

N/A
Windows edition: Windows 7 Ultimate
Service Pack 1
System: Manufacturer: Asus
Rating: 5,9
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X3 720 Processor 2.80 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Sytem type: 64-bit
There you goSmiley Happy
Almost the same on my sisters.. Except she got 4 GB RAM and a weaker processor.. nothing else differ:/
I used the same download, have tried running as administrator and i've diabled my anti-virus and firewall for the download.. though nothing seems to work.