Engine Error: This application is not properly installed. You may need to reinstall it.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hi! 
I have tried countless times to install Solid Edge and have failed every time on my computer.
I've talked to support and they couldn't help me either.. Yesterday I tried to install it on my sisters computer and it WORKED! Though her computer is a cheap one, it's does not have the power to run Solid Edge without constant lagging.
Does anyone know how to fix this? I have downloaded the student version on Siemens website, and I have the license file, I can't for the life of me figure this out!
Since school is almost done and we've gotten so much work near the end, I need it on my home computer, otherwise I will not be able to complete our work..

I've tried running as an administrator.. tried disabling UAC and Anti virus during installation.. tried everything Siemens Support have suggested but still get the same engine error message everytime o.O  please help!
38 REPLIES

Re: Engine Error: This application is not properly installed. You may need to reinstall it.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

Can you provide details of your computer [make & model, or specifics if custom built]....hard to offer a solution without knowing what the hardware & operating system is.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Re: Engine Error: This application is not properly installed. You may need to reinstall it.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Manufacturer: Asus

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X3 720 Processor 2.80 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System 

That's the info I get from my system tab..

Got an ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series graphics card if that makes any difference..

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

OK, the main system specs seem well & truly good enough....what version of Windows [7, or newer] do you have?....Is the graphics a discrete, or dedicated version?? also, do you know what driver version is currently installed for your graphics controller???

"Most" of the graphics issues I have heard reported over the years, have been on ATI based systems....but the drivers vary greatly.

Look for your's using "Device Manager".....[like mine, shown below]

Win8.1_SysInfo_DeviceMngr_DsplyAdptr_GrphcsDrvr.png

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer

I've got Windows 7 Ultimate.

Driver version (below)

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Are we talking desktop or laptop system here?

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer

desktop

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

OK, they list a slightly newer driver version based on your desktop HD4800 card...... try updating the driver to version 8.97.100.11 [15 Oct 2013]......and see if that improves things for you.

ATI-HD4800_Win7x64_8.97.100.11 [15 Oct 2013].png

Sean Cresswell

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Actually, after re-reading your core isssue....my driver suggestion should NOT stop the installation process though.....I'd expect the driver to only improve upon "in application" display performance, BUT, you aren't even getting that far.

Hmm....not sure now.

Did you use the same downloaded installation file on your sisters computer?

Sean Cresswell

Pioneer
Pioneer

yes, i did.

There was a link in the mail for the download so I logged onto my mail on her computer and clicked on the same link.. Worked for her, but can't do anything on it due to it lagging:/