Error 1330

N/A
Hello,

I hope that I can help others who are experiencing the same "Error 1330" problem. For what it's worth I am running x64 Win7 Pro in a Parallels 7 VM on a late 2008 MacBook with 8GB of RAM.

Signed up for Student Edition. Received email. Followed download link. Used download manager and a wired Ethernet connection. Downloaded fine. Ran as administrator. File extraction fine.
Solid Edge installer begins with this screen:

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u357/324iturbo/Screenshot2013-01-24at21352PM_zpsc6b07d62.png

I select Solid Edge, I accept license agreement, browse to license file, OK and get this screen:

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u357/324iturbo/Screenshot2013-01-24at21411PM_zps6c8b09db.png

A few minutes pass and I get this screen:

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u357/324iturbo/Screenshot2013-01-24at21419PM_zpsda55dbe2.png

Once I get this error, attempting to re-install always fails with a "File Corrupt" error during the File Extraction process.

Next, I deleted the file suspecting it was corrupted during the download. I re-downloaded following the link, and attempted to re-install it with the exact same results. I am not sure why I expected a different result. What did Albert Einstein say about insanity???

A quick google search of error 1330 turned up some information about setting setreg.exe 3 FALSE (this command is in a Windows SDK that has to be installed I think). This disables a certificate revocation check. I didn't feel like going there yet so I simply turned off my internet connection.

Tried again....same error 1330, but this time on a different file???

One last thing to try. Set the UAC to none, reboot VM. Try again.

File Extraction works. Installer begins. Forgot to browse to license file. Installation successful. Open SE ST5, browse to license file, application starts perfectly.

I have not tried to use the program beyond starting the tutorials, but they work, so....

Anyway, I hope this information can help someone else.

Regards,
Robroy
2 REPLIES

Re: Error 1330

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Excellent information Robroy!.....and if you think there are a few hoops to jump through in the UAC for Windows7, Windows8 has an enhanced "can-o-worms" apparently. Smiley Wink
UAC seems to be the single biggest barrier to getting clean setup.
I bet there will be value in your post, for many a new installer out there. Good work!
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Re: Error 1330

N/A
Thanks Sean,

I am a little embarrassed that the last thing I tried was one of the first items mentioned in the installation instructions. I have never had a problem with UAC for other software installations on this VM so I ignored the instructions. Well, the instructions are obviously there for a reason.

Thank you for heads up with Windows8 and for all of the valuable posts you continue to make in this forum. Your time is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Robroy

Excellent information Robroy!.....and if you think there are a few hoops to jump through in the UAC for Windows7, Windows8 has an enhanced "can-o-worms" apparently. Smiley Wink
UAC seems to be the single biggest barrier to getting clean setup.

I bet there will be value in your post, for many a new installer out there. Good work!