Getting Started

Experimenter
Experimenter

I applied for the student version of Solid edge throughthe Siemens' webstite. After a few days I recieved an email with a bunch of links to tutorials and webinars (no link for the software download in email). Then today I recieved an email stating the following.  

"Dear Student,

By now you should have installed Solid Edge and be up and running? If not, you can get help from the Solid Edge Student Forum.

If you’re ready to start modelling we have some great tutorials to get you going. To access these tutorials; from the Solid Edge Startup window (the window visible when all Solid Edge documents are closed), look for the “New to Solid Edge? Start Here” section. Under ‘Getting Started with Solid Edge’. Use the Part Modeling, Assembly Modeling, Detailed Drawing Production and Simulation links to quickly learn how to model parts, build assemblies, create drawings and test your designs using simulation.

Use the Solid Edge self paced training to get additional step-by-step instruction on a variety of modelling topics.

If you have internet access, and you’ve completed the Getting Started training and tutorials, there are many additional self-paced training courses available; access them now.

You can also “LIKE” our Solid Edge Facebook page. You can see examples of products designed in Solid Edge, chat with experts and post your own designs to our page. Make sure to check back often for future design contests!

Design better,

Mike Brown
Director, Solid Edge Academic Relations"

I am just really confused and never have had a problem like this. Any help or ideas will be much appreciated! 

1 REPLY

Re: Getting Started

KennyG 2nd Gear
2nd Gear

I believe that when you submitted the registration, the link to download was on the resulting confirmation page.  I would go through the registration process again.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019