Haven't received any mail after suibmitting the form

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone,

I have problem with obtaining Solid Edge Student Edition license. After filling up and submitting this form: https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en/academic/resources/solid-edge/student-download.cfm I do not receive any mail from siemens. I checked SPAM folder and tried multiple e-mail adresses (in multiple domains). What should I do?

17 REPLIES

Re: Haven't received any mail after suibmitting the form

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@kuba33k please check your private messages

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @kuba33k, I'm so sorry about the issues you've been experiencing. We recently moved to a new database server, and apparently the confirmation emails for the student edition download stopped sending. You can use this link to start an instant download of Solid Edge ST10 Student Edition - just register one last time, and your download will start on submit:

https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/plmapp/education/solid-edge/en_us/free-software/student

Please feel free to let me know here if you have any issues.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I downloaded the installer you linked, but I still get a message that I need to license my Solid Edge product after which I get redirected to the Solid Edge License Utility. I used to get an email with an activation code but I have not received any email.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I selected my home country (Netherlands) on the download site which reloaded the page, maybe that's why there was no license file embedded in the installer?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @NilsBebelaar, I'm sorry you're still having an issue! I checked with my development team, and their guess was that it might be an issue with your download. Could you try filling out the student form and downloading again (https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/plmapp/education/solid-edge/en_us/free-software/student)? Changing the country to the Netherlands shouldn't be an issue.

And have you checked the box at the bottom of the page agreeing to receive email? 

Let me know if the new download works for you.

Experimenter
Experimenter
I'll try the download again when I get home, but I already filled in the form three times and tried reinstalling without any luck.
For as far as I can remember I checked both boxed at the bottom of the form, yet I still have not received any email.
Could you perhaps give me an academic license code instead? Or is that not a valid option anymore since the database upgrade (I remember with ST7 you used to get a code which you then had to fill in in the License Utility)

Siemens Phenom

The license should be included with the ST10 install and there should be no need to activate the software. 

Because the license is now included, there is no longer a need for an activation e-mail.

Experimenter
Experimenter
I understand that but still my Solid Edge won't start up because it supposedly is not licensed.

Siemens Phenom

What version of Solid Edge?

Experimenter
Experimenter
ST10, I downloaded the installer from the page mentioned in this thread.