Installation

Experimenter
Experimenter
I've been trying to install the software after downloading, it's says it was unable to extract, file is corrupt, what must I do to get it right? Anybody who had the similar problem with st8...
6 REPLIES

Re: Installation

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi @MiniX

Sorry you are having problems installing the software.  It sounds to me as if the installation file was corrupted during the file transfer.  Please re-download the file and try again.

Thanks

Melanie

Experimenter
Experimenter
Okay thank you, let me try again.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Can you please send me another link where you downloaded yours, ive tried several times it says the file is corrupt.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @MiniX,

What web browser [Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox...] are you using for the download...??

I suspect you will need to use a download manager to resume the download from a connection [for many different reasons] interuption. There are a number of free applications to use, that are suitable for different browsers.

I use Google Chrome browser, and have "Chrono" download manager installed. This has served me very well, for the many large Siemens downloads over the years.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have attached the method of download i used and the message i get when trying to install. can someone send me a compressed file via email if possible, anything from st4 will help me.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MiniX,

The file is way too large for conventional email transmittal. [2GB]

You'll either need find a way to make the download work, maybe on a faster, more stable connection.....or, possibly you can go to the local Solid Edge reseller, and ask for a flash drive copy of the installation file.....and then you can use your license code that you will already have.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000