License st6

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, I want to know if it is possible to have a academic license for ST6 because with ST7, I can't open my project that on my laptop with ST7 maybe because they use ST6.

Thank you

6 REPLIES

Re: License st6

Phenom
Phenom

Samuel

There should be NO issues with opening a ST6 project using ST7... As far as I know the Student addition does not work differently then the full version, regarding releases. ST7 is fully backward compatible

Not sure why you're having a problem with this.

Can you post the Model/Aseembly so others can view and see what's up?

KennyG 2nd Gear
2nd Gear

As Bob stated you can always open older versions with the new version of Solid Edge, however there are limitations of what Solid Edge can open based on the license types used to create the file versus the license type being used to open the file.  For instance, a file created with a Student  license cannot be opened in Solid Edge using a Commercial license.

Essentially it is designed this way to discourage folks from using free learning/hobby versions to perform commercial work.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019

Experimenter
Experimenter

When I open a project that I have done with ST6  and I open it with ST7 it work, But the probleme is when I do something with ST7 and after I open it with ST6, there is like a little pop up that open and it's write something like : you can't open this.

(I transfert my project with a USB key)

KennyG 2nd Gear
2nd Gear

That is correct.  You can only open files in the version they were saved in or a newer version.  Once they are saved in ST7, they can no longer be opened in ST6 or any previous version.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019

Experimenter
Experimenter

Ok thanks! But where can I have an academic license code for ST6, because I have all the stuff on a usb key but I just don't have the code.

thanks

Experimenter
Experimenter
all the stuff to install ST6 on my laptop