Live Rules

Creator
Creator

I am new to Solid Edge Software and I am very excited to be part of this community.  I've created a hole in a part using hole options and I would like to position the hole in a different location using the "Distance Between" command.  I think there is something in "Live Rules" that is preventing me from repostioning the hole.  Any suggestions.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: Live Rules

TRC,

1st off, WELCOME! also being new...  we can call you "TRC" or if you would please share your name...

About your question:

You will need to share a screen shot, your model or preferably a short video showing your issue...  then we can assess the situation...

there are a few of issues that can cause a hole to become unmovable.

You can always suppress liverules altogehter and test this way.  While in an edit with the live rules bar showing hit "U" on the keyboard to suppress live rule.  dont forget to turn it back on by "R" for reset.

Creator
Creator

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your help.  I tried to supress live rules by pressing u.  I didn't have any luck with that. I'm attaching a screen shot of an example of the problem I'm having.  

TRC

ok, very clear what is happening here.

Based on the dimension edit arrows...  the Hole is the anchor and the left edge is the driven feature.  BUT the left edge is also coincedent with the WCS which takes priority and is not turned off with live rules suppression.

You need to decide a few things...  Does the left edge need to stay anchored to the WCS...  I beleive this answer is yes...  that being the case when you select the dimension to edit you need to use the arrows just under the dimension to toggle the edit direction.  the edge needs anchored with the dot and the hole should move with the arrow head...  this should allow your hole to edit properly...

otherwise you intend the hole to stay fixed and push the left edge and break it's relation to the wcs.  if this is the case you need to manually suppress to lock to base plane live rule and then edit your dimension as it currently is and this will push the left edge and heep the hole fixed.

Please try thsi and let us know your results.

Creator
Creator

That worked like a charm, thank you very much!!!