Need help on modeling molded part tutorial

N/A
I am stuck on the dividing part section. The first two part division, using extrude 2 and top reference plane, are fine. When I get to select the cylindrical surface, the surface cuts away everything, unlike in the tutorial. What steps did I miss? I've run over those section several times and same thing always happened. Basically there is nothing to cut with the right reference plane.
4 REPLIES

Re: Need help on modeling molded part tutorial

N/A
I am running an older version of SE thus I do not have the tutorial you are looking at but my guess is that the extent direction on your cylinder selection step is reversed. Try working thru the command ribbon on that step and select the oppisite vector...???

HTH...

N/A
Nope, don't work. They want us to cut the portion away from cylinder, so the arrow should point outward, right? Funny thing, I looked at top, right & left views and the cylinder is there and intersect the part.

Never mind, problem is SOLVED. I did another run of the tutorial, turns out I chose the wrong direction to construct the rib. Part divisions goes fine.

N/A
I see this is from a couple of days ago now. Did you ever get it to work?
Let me know if you didn't and I'll run through it.
Barry
"rsiswara@yahoo.co.id"

wrote in message
news:rsiswarayahoo.co.id.52lwqz@noreply.bbs.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com...
>
> Nope, don't work. They want us to cut the portion away from cylinder, so
> the arrow should point outward, right? Funny thing, I looked at top,
> right & left views and the cylinder is there and intersect the part.
>
>
> --
> rsiswara@yahoo.co.id
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> rsiswara@yahoo.co.id's Profile:
> http://bbs.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/vbulletin/member.php?userid=355110
> View this thread:
> http://bbs.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47271
>

N/A
Thanks Barry, I've got it. As I posted, I chose the wrong rib to construct.