Problem in Uninstalling - Reinstalling ST9

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I can`t completly uninstall my last ST9 installation. Till now I uninstalled all files via the SE uninstallation, removed all "Siemens" files and the Unigraphics files from the registry, run the Windows uninstaller (like written in the installation guide of ST9) - and I still get the message that ST9 already is installed. I could`nt run the SECleanupAll.exe, since I have already removed all Solid Edge files and even the Windows search can`t find any Solid Edge files. Only the installation file (Solid_Edge_Student_GERMAN_ST9) doesn`t work, until it reports, that ST9 is already installed …

I would be grateful if someone could help me. About the history:

I had ST8 installed on an external drive – in ran well. Update with ST9 on this external hard drive has worked, but the program ran too slowly for me. So I wanted to install it on (CSmiley Happy Now I am hanging on this problem for 14 days. 

I use the program for preparing lessons for middle school students in technical / technical drawing. Students use ST3 at the school computers ... I hope someone here can help me.

Best regards

4 REPLIES

Re: Problem in Uninstalling - Reinstalling ST9

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi,

This sounds similar to another thread I answered:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Student-Edition-Forum/Issues-Unistalling-...

Can you give this a try and see if that helps? Smiley Happy

Kind Regards,
Jack Stark

Majenta PLM - Siemens Platinum Business Partner
http://majentaplm.com/

Experimenter
Experimenter
It worked, it worked, it worked - so glad you could have helped me. I send you all hugs, that you need for that Smiley Wink

Terrible how many hidden folders I had to delete ...

Have a good time now.

Best Regards,
Birgit Starost

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hahaha! Glad that worked for you, I have seen that issue cropping up more recently Smiley Very Happy

Always nice to see someone pushing CAD into schools, I wouldn't be in the industry if it hadn't been introduced to me early on...

Why not get ST9 on the school computers as well?

It's free to use in schools both for teachers and for students Smiley Happy

Kind Regards,
Jack Stark

Majenta PLM - Siemens Platinum Business Partner
http://majentaplm.com/

Experimenter
Experimenter

I know it`s free, thanks for the hint. But our hardware is not compatible at the moment, I think. But our systemadmins will install the newest version, when it will be possible.

Unfortunately ST9 is still running very slowly on my laptop. Next issue to work on ... Smiley Surprised

Best Regards

Birgit Starost