Problems with program

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello

I need to have the Solid Edge version 7. We are teaching the drawing and 3D modelling in our high school since 2012. Since upgrade to Studio version 9 in beginning of this year we have run into trouble, computers in computer class do have serious troubles displaying the objects.  Because our computer class is old and the version 7 did run without problems, right now the best solution would be to put back version 7.

Can you please help me to locate the download of version 7?

Sincerely

Merike

3 REPLIES

Re: Problems with program

Phenom
Phenom
Do you mean Solid Edge Version 17 ?

Experimenter
Experimenter
Solid Edge version 7

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I assume that what you are trying to say is that you used to run Solid Edge ST7 but since upgrading to Solid Edge ST9, you are having issues and would now like to downgrade back to ST7?

If you are an academic insitituion your school should have an account, otherwise known as a sold-to id, with Siemens PLM.  This sold-to id should entitle you to access and download Solid Edge software through the use of a WebKey account which you are also provided as part of having a sold-to id.

Look at your Solid Edge license file in C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST9\Preferences by opening the Selicense.dat file into a text editor.  This should hopeuflly list your sold-to id.  You can then contact your local GTAC support office with this sold-to id and GTAC should be able to guide you further on how to use your WebKey account to access and download the Solid Edge software.