SE ST4 Academic License & Download

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

in our school we're using Win XP instead of Win7. That means, that I'm not able to use SE ST6 at school, which runs on my home system without any problems .

I think a solution  was to use SE ST4 instead of ST6, but I couldn't find a way to get it.

Can you tell me, how to get it?

Furthermore I need to know, how to license it. Is my ST6 academic license code also suitable for version ST4? Or do I need a different licensing code?

Thanx for your efforts

Doc Biber

9 REPLIES

Re: SE ST4 Academic License & Download

Phenom
Phenom

I don't have any suggestions for your download, but I'd just like to mention that XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and you should be looking to your school to bring you up to Windows 7. 

-Dylan Gondyke

Experimenter
Experimenter

That's true and I know, that Xp is no longer supported. But for schools it can be difficult and expensiv to change the OS, and there are problems everywhere. That's why my school didn't change to Win7. The Admin told me, that they planned to upgrade, but not in this year and maybe not even next year. I can't wait that long, and so I thought, that somehow there had to be an possibilty to get the version, that runs on XP.... Maybe I was wrongMan Sad

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Personally, I'd be very worried about security across the wider network, with XP systems still connected.

Wouldn't bother with Win7 either, if any OS upgrade was to be done, I'd be going straight to Win8.1, or even the upcoming Win9, by your indicated timing from the school of next year....and most definitely in anticipation of ST7 Student Edition, they must be 64-bit compliant to install it.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanx to the f1inschools-challenge I finally got a working Solid Edge ST 4 Version.

The challenge offers it within some materials to build a f1-car in schools.

But I will tell my systemadmins, that we need to upgrade to win7 anyway.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have come across a similiar problem. My school is running XP 32byte. I have ST4 installed. My academic licence has expired. How do I renew the ST4 licence? ST6 and ST7 ar easy but they will not run on XP.

Re: SE ST4 Academic License

Experimenter
Experimenter
I did get a version of SE4 by registering to the f1inschools challenge.
They also helped me with the confirmation code.

You may try to get an solution there.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

What school are you with? High school or college? Which one?

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hunter River High School.

NSW. Australia.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I need help with ST4 download as well please!