SE not work

N/A
Hi, i`m spanish so the firs thing sorry for my english, in second place i`m new so i don`t know if this problem must be here.
I tried to install SE in diferents versions: v19 an the last version taht i dont know the name of the version.
The programe installs all ok but when i do a protusion an put the dimenssions of the protusion, the programs close.
My computer have windos 7 home premium
Thanks, if anyone understand taht help me please
6 REPLIES

Re: SE not work

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Solid Edge depends on the graphics card heavily and it can cause crashing. Not sure what you have, but I would insure that the driver for it is up to date.
Also, do you have sufficient memory... how much physical RAM do you have installed?

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019

N/A
I have an acer 725
4GB ram and an AMD DUAL-CORE PROCESSOR C60

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
So that is a netbook with a on-board graphics processor (AMD Radeon HD 6290) which is rated extremely low for 3D performance. Even updating the driver will probably not get you anywhere, so my suggestion is to go into the Solid Edge options with a blank PAR template opened and change the Application Display settings to "Backing Store" and if that doesn't work, choose "Software Driven". Keep in mind that you must close and reopen any file you are trying to edit to get the changes you set to apply to that file. Keep in mind that the graphics performance will most likely be poor until you get a proper PC (workstation class graphics - Quadro or FirePro) to run it on.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019

N/A
i try both thing and it doesnt work
thanks for your time

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
If this is 32-bit Windows then you will need to also set Windows boot
switches.
From the command line run the following:
BCDEDIT /Set IncreaseUserVa 3072

-Dave

On 24/10/2012 21:23, 100283724@alumnos.uc3m.es wrote:
>
> i try both thing and it doesnt work
> thanks for your time
>
>

N/A
I think taht it have 64 bit version, one thing taht i didnt said is: when the SE closes, appear a window whit a warning sayin taht the window will close