SE8 Download Not Completing (Student Edition)

Experimenter
Experimenter

For some reason, when I click on the download link for the English version of Solid Edge 8, only about 1.29 of the 2.4 GB downloads and then it stops, as if it's complete.

When I try to open and install the program, it gives a "Files corrupted" warning. I've tried to download it about 4 times and keep running into the same problem. Can someone help? Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: SE8 Download Not Completing (Student Edition)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Try using a file download manager for your web browser.  Download managers optimize the download process.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Do you know where I could find one? I have the download manager that came with the computer. But when I try and download SE8 it just stops in the middle of the download. I've never had this problem before with a download.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It will depend on what web browser you use. Unfortunately there are many to choose from.  Some suggestions I've had success with are:

YMMV :-)

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

@SEstudent are you still having this problem? Please send me a copy of the error if you have a screen image and any details about your system. Its very odd you had this issue that often.

peter.llewellyn@siemens.com