ST6 activating problems

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I need your help. After filling in the activation code, i receive the message in the attachment.

Please help me.

5 REPLIES

Re: ST6 activating problems

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Nurshen

Forward me the registration email you received with your 12-digit ST6 code.

Email me a screen shot of how you populated the License Utility dialog.

ScreenHunter_356 Oct. 16 10.34.jpg

Email me your SELicense.date file from your Solid Edge ST6/Program folder.

Laura

watson.laura@siemens.com

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Nurshen

I see a couple of problems here.  Looks like you are trying to use an ST8 license code with Solid Edge ST6 software installed.

I also noticed your ST6 SELicense.dat file is located in Solid Edge ST6/Preferences. Instead, it should reside in Solid Edge ST6/Program (unless you manally navigated the SE install to locate it there).

Mainly make sure you use a valid ST6 license code for ST6 if you are running on a 32-bit machine

Else make sure you use a valid ST8 license code for ST8 on 64-bit machines.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm trying to get SE ST8 activated. Having issues.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

We no longer use an Academic Code to license Siemens Solid Edge Student Edition (ST6 or ST8)

When you registered for Siemens Solid Edge Student Edition you received an email with links to the software download page.  When you selected the required software language we automatically embed your assigned license.  When you then install Solid Edge Student Edition your assigned license is also installed and configured.  Please note: your assigned license is perpetual, i.e. it will not time-out or expire.

Creator
Creator

Is there any way for us to use the older ST5 version which uses a license file? Reason I cannot upgrade is that I do not have good internet bandwidth right now necessary for downloading the latest versions. 

Would appreciate it if you could help out!