ST7 Student version with Maintenance Pack

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

At my previous workplace, I have Solid Edge ST7 premium licence with the Maintenance Pack 6.

Now, I'm studying at the University of Debrecen, Mechatronics Enginnering Master faculty and I want to continue getting knowledges from Solid Edge, so I installed the Solid Edge ST7 student version. It's running on the Windows 10. So I have to installed the MP6 too, but the MP6 installer is from the earlier times. Finally the ST7 works fine.

But before using this combination, want to ask, is it stay legal?

Thanks for your reply!

6 REPLIES

Re: ST7 Student version with Maintenance Pack

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

Yours sounds like a perfect condition to be using the Student Edition of Solid Edge under....however, I was sure I heard in the past that Student Edition version of SE did not allow maintenance packs to be installed, maybe this has changed

Does Solid Edge actually register it as installed?...you can check this by looking at the version number, in the "About Solid Edge" link from the "Learn Solid Edge" panel. [something like... 107.00.06.xx]

ST8_LearnSE_AboutSE.png

Also....you might be far better equipped, by updating to the ST8 release of Student Edition.

Solid Edge is not certified to run on Windows 10 as yet, so it is quite risky to expect trouble free experience on this newly released OS.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, 

Thanks for your answer. There is a screenshot about my application version number.

solid_edge.png

It seems the version number and the licence is correct. I've just worried about the maintenance pack.

Is there a student version from ST8? I haven't see it.

I know, using engineering applications on new operating system is quite risky, but I want to give a chance to the new system. Except SE, there isn't any problem with that. 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Tibor_Liptai wrote:

Thanks for your answer. There is a screenshot about my application version number.

It seems the version number and the licence is correct. I've just worried about the maintenance pack.

Wow, it would appear it does load.....I guess you're in a fairly unique position, to have access to an MP in the first place, even if it's not the most current MP.

I don't see how this could be an issue, as normally it wouldn't be redily available to non-commercial users.....but hopefully one of the Siemens crew can pass comment on this.

Tibor_Liptai wrote:

Is there a student version from ST8? I haven't see it.

For some reason I can't access the pages for Student Edition, nor 2D Free [maybe they are being updated now].....but I do have the direct application download link, and that is functional. So seems like it is about to become available. Robot Happy

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Phenom
Phenom

Szia Tibi,

Örülök, hogy rátaláltál erre a Solid Edge-es fórumra, de szívesen segítünk mi is! Smiley Wink

plmsupport@eplm.hu

Üdv,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi guys,

I have the educational software as well, i can't seem to get the ST8 upgrade though. I've tried ST7 but it constantly crashes in windows 10.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nutral The Solid Edge ST8 Student Edition download is available now for you to download.  It just posted within the past few minutes.

Please note that we are not aware of any serious problems running ST8 on Windows 10, but our testing is still underway and support has not been officially announced yet.

Please be sure that 3.5 .net (also required with ST7) remains installed on the machine.

Enjoy,

Laura

Solid Edge Release Manager