Smart Dimension, Relationship Handles Inop

N/A
Started to work on Introduction to Modeling Sheet Metal Parts with Synchronous Features the Smart Dimension will not work. Also, Solid Edge will not open the main page. The Relationship Handles will not work. http://screencast.com/t/RaJs4ksAzz9

Thanks
Crousie
4 REPLIES

Re: Smart Dimension, Relationship Handles Inop

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
When you say they will not work, can you give a little bit more information such as "when I click on the command button it does not activate" or "when I place the smart dimension, it is not visible after placement".

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

N/A
Ken,
I have the Jing to show you my problem, however the extension for Jing is .swf this format will not handle. I cannot find the proper upload for Solid Edge? http://screencast.com/t/RaJs4ksAzz9

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
What you'll need to do is "share" it, and post that "link".
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
OK, so you got two things going on.
Lets start with the Geometric Constraints. The button you were clicking on the ribbon bar was to show/hide the symbols. Right above that was a button that looked simial with a pad lock on it. That needs to be on for it to keep any constraints you may add or that are assumed while placing the geometry. Turn it on before placing the lines.
As far as the dimensions, they are working correctly. You have changed your Intelesketch options to auto-dimension geometry as you place it, so since dimensions are already placed and locked, the additional dimensions you are placing cannot be locked and therefore cannot drive the geometry so they also cannot have their value edited...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3