Solid Edge ST6 activation problem

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, I have a problem activating my ST6 version of Solid Edge. It accepts the license number (academic) but as soon as i click ok it suddenly closes and when I try to open it again it displays the error message in the image. I tried to reinstall it but nothing changes.

5 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST6 activation problem

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Coyotek96

• Please forward me the Student registration email that you received from us.
  • Please send me your SELicense.dat file (located in your ST6/Program folder). Ensure the name of the file is 'SELicense.dat' where 'SEL' in uppercase letters. 
  • Please send me a screenshot of your License Utility dialog poluated with the 12-digit license code you received in the registration email from us. 
  • Also please indicate the folder to which you installed Solid Edge ST6.  It should not be installed to a folder with "special characters" such as accented characters (e.g., "å").

Laura

watson.laura@siemens.com

Re: Solid Edge ST6 activation problem - studient version

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Smiley Happy

I have a problem to activating my ST6 version of Solid Edge (studient version).

It can't accepts the academic license number. I can't select "OK" after typing the 12-digit license code i received in the registration email from you.

I tried to reinstall it but nothing changes.

The 12 -digit code is the follower = xxxx

Please find screenshot in attache file, you can see "OK" is not selectable...

- I have corrected "SEl icense.dat" => "SEL icense.dat"

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi @Tony-01

You are entering the wrong activation code.  The ST6 code is at the bottom of your registration email (in the “Note 1” paragraph). 

Thanks

Melanie

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Melanie Smiley Happy

Thank you very much for your answer Smiley Happy

I tried to enter the Good code (in the “Note 1” paragraph), i can selected "OK"... Smiley Happy

But a new message appears.... please see on attache file...

Anthony

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi @Tony-01

Please email me directly at melanie.baeske@siemens.com, and we'll work this out offline.  I am thinking that you have write-access issues when the system is trying to save your license file.

Thanks

Melanie