Solid Edge ST8 Student Version Download

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello everyone I need the version of ST ST8 version since my computer does not support the ST9. Anyone know where to get it or provide it to me? Thank you

6 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge ST8 Student Version Download

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Alex121,

What makes you say your system doesn't support ST9, over ST8? .....or did you mean ST6?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter
No. My system runs the ST9 but quite slow and is also incompatible with my school. My computer is 64bit and the commercially licensed version is not run by my school because theirs is the academic license

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Alex121,

OK, got ya......puzzling that ST9 runs slower than ST8 on your home PC though.

Typically the latest release is the only available version, by normal channels......I'm sure one of the Siemens folk will private message you with details to get access ST8, to keep parity with the school system. They should really be upgrading though. 

I'm pretty sure your school is allowed to give you a copy of the software also....that may be an option should you encounter issues downloading the 2.85GB installation file.

FYI: The installation is the same, accross all versions [commercial & academic] - only the license file controls what the application runs as.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Sean Cresswell

I have faced the same problem as @Alex121. My cumputer can run the ST9 but it is quite slow, I used to use the ST 8 but i am not able to download it at the moment. Could you please help me where i can download the student version of the ST 8?

I appreciate your help.

Best wishes

Tamas Revesz

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I have real problems working with ST9 as well. It runs really slow, only to change a sketch a bit seems impossible. Seriously, it took me half a minute to just rewrite a single dimension and another minute just to confirm the change. My older and much slower PC had no problems with ST7, so I guess the newer one could  handle ST8. Could I get the download link or something as well, please? My Bachelor thesis kind of depends on either that, or remodeling everything I did in ST7 on my older PC in a CAD I'm not familiar with made by another company, which is not going to be easy at all.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello again,

made a few calls and one of my friends gave me a tip what to do about it.  ST9 runs ok, just needed to change the settings. Sorry to bother.