Solid edge ST10 disappears on launch

Experimenter
Experimenter

When i try to launch Solid Edge ST10 Student edition the startup image comes and after 5 sec it disappers and the program is shut down. When i look in windows task manager the programs shows activity as long as the image stays and disappears with the image. I have tried to SE ST10 as administrator and in compatibility mode for win 8 and win 7 with no luck.

I have also installed and uninstalled Solid Edge and Keyshot several times and have tried to restart the pc after installation and have restartet and run CCleaner betwen uninstall and re install. When I install Solid Edge ST8 evrything works fine. I have also tried to update the graphic card driver. Solid Edge ST10 Student edition installs totaly fine on my laptop and i have tried to copy the same installation file, but with the same result after installation on my desktop PC.

Do any of you have the same problem or can help me solve the problem?

My OS and harware is:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

12 GB RAM

Intel Core i7 4x3,4 GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 680

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Solid edge ST10 disappears on launch

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Baremeg10

try to download the Student version again.

When I am right theer was a new download prepared conaining the MP3 of ST10.

Whatever reason it is, that You can not start it, it could be solved with the MP3.

At least it will not have several other bugs in it.

What also could be, is, that You also have a problem with the Win 10 Falls Creators Upate, what brings a lot of issues, as what I have seen in other forums.

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you for the fast reply
I downloaded the installation files today, so i don't think this would be the problem. And it did contain MP3.
I am unfortunately traveling to work tomorrow morning and will be away for 2 weeks, but i will experiment with the windows updates when i come home, hoping that it will solve the problem.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Baremeg10

so what I also can recomment to try is, to install Solid Edge under a different director than

c:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST10

Sometimes the windows user account management will prevent a correct installation due to missing rights.

Also take care that the UAC is turned of before installing and always use the right mouse button an "Run as Admin" for any installation.

Installing Solid Edge for example under d:\Programs (if You have a second disc or partition) has helped in many cases in the past to due better or enhanced rights to install anything.

A try will be worth to do.

regards
Wolfgang

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Baremeg10

and what I just have seen under Your profile is, that ou have a gForce graphics card.

Take care to have the latest driver in use, this also helped a lot in the past, since nVidia and gForce made problems the last year

regards
Wolfgang