Solid edge software

N/A
I followed the instructions from my email for attaching the license code and I still can't open the Solid edge file. Am I supposed to do something else?
11 REPLIES

Re: Solid edge software

N/A
I'm not sure how to get the license to work as well.

N/A
Anyone out there with the proper steps for licensing the student edition?

N/A
Same here. I've installed the software, but when I try to run it, I'm taken to a help screen explaining that I need to activate my license -- but when I run the license wizard I get a dialog saying it's already running, and that I need to close my existing Solid Edge session (there are none running).

Siemens Master Siemens Master
Siemens Master
Jason, have you tried a reboot, just to be sure no SE is out there?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Save the "SELicense.txt" file you recieved to an easily browseable location on your PC.
Click on the Windows Start button (default location lower left)
Click on All Programs, Solid Edge ST4, Licensing, License Utility
In the first field from the top, browse to the "SELicense.txt" file you saved (set filetype filter to All Files)
OK the form
Start Solid Edge ST4.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
The process name is "edge.exe".

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019

Re: Solid edge Student Edition software installation

N/A
I downloaded the "SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit" file over the Internet, and received the "SELicense.txt" file in a mail message from Solid Edge. Since the "SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit" file is very large (2.3GB), I downloaded it to my hard disc and then attempted to execute it, expecting that there would be an executable installation utility, and that the system would eventually request the "SELicense.txt" file.

However, I cannot get the installation to start; the system reports that the file type is unknown. Can anyone tell me how to proceed to get the software installed? Thanks in advance for your help!

N/A
Hi there,

Well this doesn't sound a good start to your Solid Edge experience....license wizard usually does exactly what It should. (place the license in the correct locale)
I'm guessing you all have received a license file by email....well if the student edition is anything like the full product, you could try manually placing the license in the required location.
Typically the license resides in the "C:\Program Files\Solid Edge >version #<\Program" folder....(path & descriptions may vary for the student edition)
HTH.

Good luck.....

Regards,
-
Sean.C

On 9/3/2011 6:35 AM, jason.conklin@gmail.com wrote:
Same here. I've installed the software, but when I try to run it, I'm taken to a help screen explaining that I need to activate my license -- but when I run the license wizard I get a dialog saying it's already running, and that I need to close my existing Solid Edge session (there are none running).

Re: Solid edge Student Edition software installation

Siemens Innovator Siemens Innovator
Siemens Innovator
Some of the original downloads had the .exe stripped off.

- Rename SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit to SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit.exe
- Double Click SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit.exe and the installation process will start
o The setup / installation dialog has a field for the Solid Edge license file
o Click Browse and navigate to the SELicense.txt saved on disk
- Make any additional setting changes desired and continue the installation

Regards,
J. Fred White
Sr. Manager - Customer Support - GTAC
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.