Synchronus Technology: explained

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor
I've had a number of students ask me to explain Synchronous Technology and realised we haven't really explained this amazing advance in technology to our growing academic users.

After working in the CAD industry for over 20 years I've had the pleasure of working on some amazing engineering projects and helped develop new software and technology.

While not a total CAD-nerd (I'm more a Leonard than a Sheldon) I must admit to using the word 'cool' (and meaning it) to describe advances in engineering software that I've been involved with over the years. I find myself once again using the 'cool' word but this time capitalised and in bold "COOL" to try and convey just what Synchronous Technology means to the future of design and engineering CAD software.

Rather than trying to explain ST I'd like to suggest that you view the video. Please visit the following link and select the "Watch the video that started it all" at the bottom of the page:
http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/plm/definition/synchronous_technology.shtml

Regards