Tutorial Help - Intermediate Part Modeling with Synchronous Features

N/A
I'm trying to the Intermediate Part Modeling with Synchronous Features in the tutorials, but I'm stuck. I'm using ST5.

Right in the beginning , it tells you to click on the cylinder, and that activates the move command (which shows the steering wheel). That works.

Then the next step is to click on the "Concentric" command, from the Relate group.

Then it tells me to click on the other cylinder, but when I do this, I can't. The first cylinder is also not selected anymore.

The bottom PromptBar tells me to "click on an arc or circle", but I can't click on anything with "concentric" command selected.

Am I missing something really obvious? or is there something different that I cant see?
3 REPLIES

Re: Tutorial Help - Intermediate Part Modeling with Synchronous Features

Siemens Master Siemens Master
Siemens Master
I think I see what your problem is:

There are two groups of commands:

1. Relate (next to draw)-- These are for 2D stuff like circles and lines
2. Face Relate (after the feature commands on the right) - this is for 3D stuff like cylinders and planes

To follow the instructions you need to be using the FACE relate concentric command, not the one from the other group.

PS> Does the tutorial just say "related" or "face relate" -- sounds like we might need to fix/clarify this.

N/A
It does say "Face Relate". I can't believe I missed that.
I'm still learning, I didn't know there were 2 different commands, but that makes sense now.
Thanks.

Siemens Master Siemens Master
Siemens Master
No problem. We are here to help. Ask away!!