can't click "OK" on license utility

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi there,

I want to use the student license that I got on the Solidedge ST5. 

when I open the "Solid Edge License Utility", and check the 'Academic code', I can't click "OK" even though  i entered the Key I have. 

Can you please help me?

thanks!

04-10-2014 20-46-21.png

5 REPLIES

Re: can't click "OK" on license utility

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Make sure you have an ST5 code for ST5 or (guess what) an ST6 code for ST6 and that it hasn't been used before. Also note there is more than one type of Academic license.

You might be best off downloading a fresh one using your email address.

Experimenter
Experimenter

oh, i got the mistake. thank you!

Do you know where I can get a code for ST5? the code that was given to me is for ST7 i guess, but my computer can't run it...

thanks again

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have exactly the same problem: not working academic code sent for my e-mail and to old computer to use ST7. And no idea to solve this :-(

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

If your machine is too old to install then it's probably too old to run it properly.

If you can't run it properly you will have a bad experience with SE and none of us wants that.

My advice is to borrow a good machine (preferably a certified workstation with a 3D CAD graphics card fitted)

Trial licenses can only be used once so if it's old it's probably already been used.

Experimenter
Experimenter

The problem is not a computer. I don't want to use another version than ST5. The problem is that the new key dosn't work. Are you sure it's demanded to download the newest version year after year and there's not a opportunity to renew a license for the installed (previous, from last year) version?