keyshot 5

Creator
Creator

I need to reinstall KeyShot 5 because I moved its folders and now don't work. I took it from the "C" to other disc (due the disc space), and now appears a messaage to choose the folder when open it, but I pick up a selected folder which isn't acceptable. Anybody can help me?

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: keyshot 5

Legend
Legend

Ehh, I can share some of what I've learned this week with uninstalling/installing Keyshot.

1- I saved all my old folders that had stuff I wanted to keep to a new folder for temp location. I removed all other folders as well. Then I installed and set path for both the program install and folder locations. I then put my temp location folders I saved over the new ones. That was doing an uninstall and then install with new locations.

2- There's a Keyshot5.xml file that has all your folder locations. If you didn't do an uninstall, you could probably go in the .xml file and change your new folder locations.

Just my two cents. Like I said, I've been through this multiple times over the past week. I found 3 different locations with Keyshot folders: the program install, the folder locations, and then another folder in my documents (this had the .xml file). Good luck, and maybe my experience can help?

ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

Re: keyshot 5

Creator
Creator

Thanks to answer BoatTech

Man, I made so much confusion with the folders. I found the .xml file and change the file location, but nothing. I need to install again, just do it. I think I will download and install SE Academic for correct that. Any suggest?