[langtitle=de]Installation failed/fehlgeschlagen[/langtitle]

N/A
Hey,

To read in English go down a bit!


German:

Ich habe mir die Studentenversion von Solid Edge heruntergeladen, kann sie allerdings nicht installieren.

Ich öffne das Setup, dann lasse ich die Administration zu (wie das bei Win 7 halt so ist) dann geht ein Fenster auf mit einem Ladebalken:

"0% Extracting"

Er lädt jetzt bis "3% Extracting" und dann kommt eine Meldung:

"File is corrupt!"

Die Installation bricht ab und jetzt steh ich dumm da... nochmal runterladen kann ich mir mit meinem Internet nciht leisten, da ich 3 Tage den PC hab laufen lassen um diese 2GB herunterzuladen.

Im Forum habe ich auch nichts gefunden Smiley Sad Wäre schön, wenn mir jemand helfen könnte!



English:

Sorry for bad English!!

I have downloaded the student version of Solid Edge but i can´t install it.

I open the Setup, gave the OK for administrations (like it is with Win 7) then it opens a window with a loading Bar:

"0% Extracting"

He loads until "3% Extracting" and then there is a warning:

"File is corrupt!"

The installation aborts and now I don´t know what to do... downloading again isn´t good with my internet, because for those 2GB I have let the PC running for 3 days (do you say it like that?).

I havn´t found anything in the Forum Smiley Sad Would be nice if someone could help me!



-F. J.
4 REPLIES

Re: [langtitle=de]Installation failed/fehlgeschlagen[/langtitle]

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Hi there FJ,
Sounds as though your Internet connection is not fast enough to obtain a contiguous download of this large application file...hence the "file corrupt" error message.
Sorry, I can only suggest trying to use another, much faster, internet connection somewhere, to obtain this file.

Sean Cresswell
Streetscape Limited (NZ)
-
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy NoteII using Tapatalk 2.
-
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Re: [langtitle=de]Installation failed/fehlgeschlagen[/langtitle]

N/A
thx SeanCresswell for answering!
I think the internet connetion is fast enough to obtain a contiguous download but probably the Browser hadn´t saved this file correctly.
hmmm... You have confirmed my suspicions... Now I don´t have to download the file again because I needed it for school but now it´s too late Smiley Sad
thx for helping!!

Re: [langtitle=de]Installation failed/fehlgeschlagen[/langtitle]

N/A
If you were not using a download manager, you should try that. It will
handle internet time outs or interruptions, and hopefully get you a
complete file. There were some suggestions on previous posts. Like the
one titled "File is corrupt". Not able to install SE

HTH,
Jason

Jason Inglis
The Charles Machine Works, Inc.
Ditch Witch
Perry, Oklahoma
On 1/21/2013 5:21 AM, flojes@web.de wrote:
>
> thx SeanCresswell for answering!
>
> I think the internet connetion is fast enough to obtain a contiguous
> download but probably the Browser hadn�t saved this file correctly.
>
> hmmm... You have confirmed my suspicions... Now I don�t have to download
> the file again because I needed it for school but now it�s too late Smiley Sad
>
> thx for helping!!
>
>

Re: [langtitle=de]Installation failed/fehlgeschlagen[/langtitle]

N/A
I already used a downloadmanager, not my Browser, sry I told wrong!
But as I said, I only needed it for school, it´s too late now, to download again. I won´t use SE for the next few years.
thx for helping!