Hello, recently i just downloaded Solid ST10 student edition and managed to install it normally. However, i always receive the same error upon executing the program and I have no idea how to fix it.
I tried to uninstall the whole program, however i received the following error promt which preventing me from uninstalling the program. Therefore i'm stucked with the software in my computer unable to use it nor get rid of it.
I have tried to run ST10 in adminstrator mode and use the repair function from the installer but both proven to be futill. I tried download the installler 3-4 times and they have consistent size of 2.38GB. Sometimes i will encountered problem the last few seconds upon completing the download for ST10 installer but clicking 'resume download' will complete the download so not sure whether it is the main cause.I hope that you can provide a solution so that i can start on modelling for my school's project. Thank you.
My laptop spec:
-Window 8 pro
- Intel i5-4200U CPU @ 1.6GHz 2.30 Ghz
- 4GB RAM
- 64-bit Operating System
-NVIDIA GeForce 820M graphic card
-500GB storage( about 350GB free space)
Solved! Go to Solution.
From GTAC Solution Center article 002-8000837...
Error 1721: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package...
Attempting to install or uninstall Solid Edge results in an error message similar to the following:
"Error 1721: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
Error 1721 is not a Solid Edge issue. This is an issue with the Microsoft Windows Installer being corrupted. You will need to attempt to repair the Microsoft Windows installer by unregistering and reregistering the Installer file.
1. Log on to the computer as local administrator.
2. Open a CMD shell - click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe, and then click OK.
3. At the command prompt, type msiexec /unregister , and then press ENTER.
4. At the command prompt, type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to close the command prompt.
Note that when running these commands it may look like nothing occurs but that is normal and expected.
After following the above instructions, Solid Edge should now install or uninstall without issue.
Thank you very much for your attempt to solve my problem but i am afraid to tell you that the solution does not work for me. The error still pop-up whenever i tried to uninstall the software. I have noticed that the provided solution is for Error 1721,however the one that I have encountered is Error 1722 instead of Error 1721 so maybe that is the reason for the provided solution does not work in my case? I am not sure whether both are similar cases or not.
Error 1721: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
Error 1722: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
Try a manual uninstall of Solid Edge:
1. Uninstall the Solid Edge software using Add/Remove Programs (this step will fail for you).
2. Manually delete the Solid Edge program folders typically in C:\Program Files.
3. Manually delete the Solid Edge user preference folder %APPDATA%\Unigraphics Solutions.
4. Manually clean up the registry by deleting any Solid Edge registries in the following locations:
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Unigraphics Solutions
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Unigraphics Solutions
NOTE! There may be other Siemens PLM software installed under the "Unigraphics Solutions" locations. Take care to not delete these entries and only remove Solid Edge related entries.
5. Reboot the workstation.
6. Attempt to reinstall the software again.