Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greetings, my name is Brady Richardson.

I am currently a mechanical engineering student at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. For my final project in my MAE 211 class (Intro to Computational Tools) I recreated a 1/48 scale model of a Panzer III tank. I chose a tank for my project beacuse I love history, espicially the history of military vechicles and equipment. I also hope to work for a defense contractor in Huntsville, possibly Redstone Arsenal. One of the most frustrating and fuflling parts to design were the treads of the tank. I managed to reach a state were the treads move in a realistic path, and without interfering with the wheels. I included two renders created in Keyshot, as well as a youtube video of my treads in motion.Panzer_III.7.jpgPanzer_III.13.jpg

2017 December Winner - Panzerkampfwagen III Ausf. L

Dreamer

Greetings, my name is Brady Richardson.

I am currently a mechanical engineering student at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. For my final project in my MAE 211 class (Intro to Computational Tools) I recreated a 1/48 scale model of a Panzer III tank. I chose a tank for my project beacuse I love history, espicially the history of military vechicles and equipment. I also hope to work for a defense contractor in Huntsville, possibly Redstone Arsenal. One of the most frustrating and fuflling parts to design were the treads of the tank. I managed to reach a state were the treads move in a realistic path, and without interfering with the wheels. I included two renders created in Keyshot, as well as a youtube video of my treads in motion.Panzer_III.7.jpgPanzer_III.13.jpg

Comments
Community Manager Community Manager

Congratulations Brady! You have been selected as 2017 December winner for the monthly contest. I will reach out to you in a separate email regarding your certificate and prize.

Regards,

Bijy