Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, my name is Gareth Montgomery and I have designed a fully functional V8 engine. This model exhibits the type of engine that would be used in a high performance road car before direct injection was introduced. The camshafts are belt driven through the crankshaft like a real life engine, which in turn rockers the valves open and closed in certain time delays. In my design I have included an intake manifold and exhaust manifold, both with a smooth constant form to produce good airflow properties. All components of this engine were designed using Solid Edge through a variety of commands such as 3D features, variables tables, Xpress Route and surface modelling. Keyshot was then used to experiment with different lighting, environments and materials to render high quality images of the final product.

This engine design has been produced for my CAD module this semester as I am a final year student at Ulster University, Northern Ireland. I decided to design an engine for this module because I am a keen car enthusiast who is interested in motor technologies and I would love to get into a career involving automotive design.Engine ISO 5.jpgEngine ISO 1.jpgEngine ISO 2.jpgEngine ISO 4.jpgEngine ISO 4.jpg

(view in My Videos)

2018 April Winner - V8 Engine

Theorist

Hello, my name is Gareth Montgomery and I have designed a fully functional V8 engine. This model exhibits the type of engine that would be used in a high performance road car before direct injection was introduced. The camshafts are belt driven through the crankshaft like a real life engine, which in turn rockers the valves open and closed in certain time delays. In my design I have included an intake manifold and exhaust manifold, both with a smooth constant form to produce good airflow properties. All components of this engine were designed using Solid Edge through a variety of commands such as 3D features, variables tables, Xpress Route and surface modelling. Keyshot was then used to experiment with different lighting, environments and materials to render high quality images of the final product.

This engine design has been produced for my CAD module this semester as I am a final year student at Ulster University, Northern Ireland. I decided to design an engine for this module because I am a keen car enthusiast who is interested in motor technologies and I would love to get into a career involving automotive design.Engine ISO 5.jpgEngine ISO 1.jpgEngine ISO 2.jpgEngine ISO 4.jpgEngine ISO 4.jpg

(view in My Videos)

Comments
Theorist

Terrific! Great attention to detail!

Community Manager Community Manager

Congratulations Gareth! You have been selected as the April design contest winner. Someone from our EMEA zone will contact you with your prize and certificate.

Regards,

Bijy

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor

That's some nice modeling! Would love to see this guy with a bit of roughed up textures.