Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, my name is Gavin Corey and I have designed a Triathlon bike which exhibits the latest technology in the Triathlon racing world. This bike has an extremely stiff yet aerodynamic structure to minimise power loss and maximise speed. Every component was created using Solid Edge and a wide variety of modelling techniques were incorporated including 3D sketching, surface modelling and assembly modelling. I also availed of the Engineering Reference Application to develop suitable gears for the bike. I used Keyshot render to devise a high quality final image.

I am a Final Year Mechanical Engineering student at the Ulster University, Northern Ireland. This project will be used in my CAD module for this semester. I am a competitive triathlete with a keen eye for design and for this reason I wanted to enhance my capabilities in CAD whilst also developing an understanding of how bicycles are designed.Bike Complete Assembly Render.jpg

2018 February winner Triathlon Bike

Theorist

Hello, my name is Gavin Corey and I have designed a Triathlon bike which exhibits the latest technology in the Triathlon racing world. This bike has an extremely stiff yet aerodynamic structure to minimise power loss and maximise speed. Every component was created using Solid Edge and a wide variety of modelling techniques were incorporated including 3D sketching, surface modelling and assembly modelling. I also availed of the Engineering Reference Application to develop suitable gears for the bike. I used Keyshot render to devise a high quality final image.

I am a Final Year Mechanical Engineering student at the Ulster University, Northern Ireland. This project will be used in my CAD module for this semester. I am a competitive triathlete with a keen eye for design and for this reason I wanted to enhance my capabilities in CAD whilst also developing an understanding of how bicycles are designed.Bike Complete Assembly Render.jpg

Comments
Dreamer

impressive work. ! 

Community Manager Community Manager

Congratulations Gavin-Corey! You have been selected as the 2018 Feb design contest winner.

Regards,

Bijy